The Rutherford County Health Department is proud to provide preventative and restorative care to its patients. Patients are seen during our regular business hours, by appointment only, from Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
For Children (From birth to 20 years):
- Dental Services – including exams, cleanings, sealants, and fillings – are provided to uninsured children and those with TennCare and CoverKids.
- For those patients who are uninsured and do not have TennCare or CoverKids, a sliding fee schedule based on family size and income is available.
- Dental services are also available for children in the WIC program. If you have an appointment with your WIC counselor, please ask them about getting your child a dental exam, cleaning, and/or fluoride varnish.
For Adults (21 years of age and up):
- Adults with no dental insurance coverage are only seen in cases of legitimate emergency on a case-by-case basis.
- Fees for services are on a sliding fee scale based on family size and income.
- If you or your child is a new patient or have not updated your health history in more than one year, please print and complete the Dental Health History questionnaire (see Forms section below) and bring it to your appointment along with a list of any medications you or your child is taking.
For more information about Oral Health Services, or to set up an appointment, please call the Rutherford County Health Department at (615) 898-7880.
If you or your child is a new patient or have not updated your health history in more than one year, please print and complete the Dental Health History questionnaire (English or Spanish) and bring to your appointment along with a list of any medications you or your child is taking.
If you are pregnant and qualify for our dental services, please have your OB/GYN fill out the Medical Clearance form and bring it to your appointment.
We do not offer services for braces or dentures at the Rutherford County Health Department.